Blazergazog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Another Place [*FLAILS*]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

From Another Place [*FLAILS*] Empty From Another Place [*FLAILS*]

Post  Shovelman Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Characters Appearing: Phantasmagoria and Raven
Time: Night
Content Level: Mature. Very Mature.

The nature of this night was of a calm, soothing one. Free of worries, free of excitement, just a calm night lacking energy, dark for the moon was resting. Slowly, this tranquil late evening was disturbed by the humming noise...some sort of growingly loud sound that began swirling through the night sky. Disrupting those who were lazily lounging at the tower who was alone as the rest of the team had to venture forth to Titans East to deal with a particularly nasty bunch, and with most of Jump cities villains dealt with and after seeing Raven's overall capability, Robin decided to leave her in charge for once, after all she could have used the peace and quiet.

However, that peace and quiet was soon interuppted as a swirling vortex spat out a small figure from the sky as it fell limp. It was clearly not a product of natural means, as the deep violet energy began closing shut and just as that figure fell, he managed to prevent his fragile form from splattering on the pavement. He wore a cloak which was torn and tattered, like that of a mysterious wizard or sorceror, but it also had bits of metal over the shoulders and chainmail down the back.

Who was he, you ask? The equivilent of Raven from an alternate reality, from and alternate Teen Titans group. Was he good? Or Eeeevil?

Shovelman
Admin

https://blarg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

From Another Place [*FLAILS*] Empty Re: From Another Place [*FLAILS*]

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Raven sighed happily, setting the steaming cup of herbal tea on her bedside table. She couldn't remember the last time it had been so lovely and quiet in the tower. Somewhere deep within, she burned with a desire to crank up Cyborg's treasured stereo system and dance around the living room like there was no tomorrow. But the rest of her, the more sensible, rational, calm Raven, merely scoffed at such a silly idea, and went about brewing tea.
Smoothing the dark sheets of her bed, Raven inwardly flinched as she pictured the team staring at her as she sang into a hairbrush, having returned early from their liaison with Titans East. She shuddered, then put the image from her mind, settling herself into position a few inches above her bed, legs crossed and eyes closed. Taking a slow, deep breath and beginning to chant softly, the empath allowed a bright flame to fill her mind. Into this mental fire, she fed all emotion and thought. When nothing remained in her head but the fire, fueled by her anxieties and doubts, she allowed it to die away, leaving nothing but void.
Quite suddenly, her trance was shattered. Raven nearly toppled out of the air as a vortex appeared mere feet from where she hovered, dumping a cloaked stranger unceremoniously onto her floor. Next thing she knew, the bed was between her and the newcomer, and her hands glowed with dark energy.
"Who are you?" Raven asked sharply, forcing all fear out of her voice and face.

Last edited by *FLAILS* on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because for some stupid reason, this bloody forum insists that you close all your BBtags before posting. Obnoxious...)
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

http://www.myspace.com/marauderskickass

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Oh it was quite painful, with the groaning and the ouches. Clearly something had went wrong with the strange man’s first ever meditation. How anyone could fuck up this badly was beyond…most rational thought but the outcome was clear and he had managed to throw himself into some random area of space and time. “Oi…wha?” He’d comment “My mind looks very…purply.” He’d remark in a dazed manner, somewhat confused since when did he but furniture for his mind? He’s then finally spot the hooded girl, as he’d hover onto his feet and fix his helmet.

From Another Place [*FLAILS*] MaskMontage-1-1

“Who am I? Who are you?” He’d ask the girl, man if this was his room he must have had some weird pervy fascinations. Then again he’d notice the natural light, and realize that his brain has more actual physics than it should.

“Waait a second…” He’d mutter, “Where am I?!” He’d ask, briefly worried though he’d look over at her. Yup, now she needed an explaination “Uhm…let’s see…yeah, would you believe me if I said I was the janitor?” He’d try to ask, though if he was trying to be persuasive he was doing an AWFUL job at it.

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Raven's eyes narrowed. "No. I wouldn't," she replied coldly, her hands still surrounded by a sort of reverse glow. "I do not allow my close friends to enter my room, let alone strangers. What are you doing here?" Her eyes slowly raked up and down the strange figure. His appearance seemed to trigger some sort of memory in the back of Raven's mind, but upon reaching for it, it faded away, as insubstantial as smoke.

Her eyes never left the man now gazing anxiously about the room, but Raven's mind went into hyperdrive. She carefully surveyed all her options; possible exits, things her powers could throw in defense, and her yellow communicator lying beside her tea on the bedside table. She was prepared to do whatever it took to protect herself.

Last edited by *FLAILS* on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : frigginbbcodestabbyrip)
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:14 pm

He’d tilt his head, his strange triangular mask innocently following closely with the gesture “Hmm? Did I do something wrong?” He’d ask, still not quite sure what was going on, he could see her hands glowing…black? Since when could things glow like that? He was somewhat captivated by the strange color before he’d look toward the door “Well…I’ll go ahead and show myself out then. Wish I had a room…” he’d mutter wishfully, before he walked towards the sealed metal door and would phase effortlessly through.

Hmm…appears that my powers still function in this place. What else to check – Oh yes, of COURSE, how could I forget. Time to go see if this world has…PIE! Phantasmagoria would begin floating, going through wall after wall, seeking the kitchen. If there was pie then that would just make today the best. Hmm…but what about that girl? He mildly like her get up, but before he could think so elaborately upon such there it was – Pie. In a fridge that was far from his own, in a place that was far from home. He’d nonchalantly cut a slice of apple pie, sliding it on a plate before sliding his hands together.

He was almost tempted to do the Pie dance, however refrained such since…well things were already weird enough. He wondered if that girl was going to be back as he popped the slice in the microwave and set it to a minute an a half. He’d stand there – idly watching it spin around…and around…and around!

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:28 pm

So surprised as she was by the man's peculiar behaviour, it took Raven several moments to realize that he had left the room. Frowning, indignant, she swooped after him, feeling out ahead of her with her mind until finding him in the kitchen. She watched him for a moment, startled to see that he was very casually heating a slice of pie. Cyborg's pie.

Raven decided that she did not like this man, not at all. She did not understand or trust him; he gave her the strangest bad feeling. Reigning in her emotions, she drifted up behind him and tapped his shoulder before folding her arms across her chest.

"What exactly do you think you're doing?" she snapped, the microwave glowing briefly with dark energy as she turned it off. "Where did you come from? And what gives you the impression that you can just make yourself at home here?"

Last edited by *FLAILS* on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fortheloveoffuckingchrist)
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:36 pm

He’d stare hungrily at the delicious morsel imagining all the delight he’d have the the confectionary treat. He could almost taste it now – YES this world was alright with him so far! It wasn’t until the Microwave flickered black and shut off and felt that finger tap against his back “Oh…so…you followed me?” He’d ask, as he wheeled around and stared at her. He could already tell he did something wrong.

“Hmm?” He’d ask from beneath his strange mask “Oh…well, did you know you look pretty when your angry?” He’d ask, in a way complimenting her and perhaps trying to unnerve her “By the way, how about I tell you about myself…over that slice of pie.” He’d point his thumb back at the treat still in the deactivated microwave.

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Raven's eyes narrowed still further, her knuckles white as she clenched her fists. Was this man trying to be funny? Or was he merely addled in the brain?

"Yes, I followed you, as you're a stranger in my home. I don't give a damn what I look like when I'm angry, and that's not your pie!" Raven's voice increased in volume as she became more irritated with the stranger, and it was not until the microwave exploded with dark energy behind him, sending bits of metal and pie crust flying, that she calmed herself. "Look," she said from between clenched teeth. "I don't know who you are, or how you got here, and I don't care. Just leave. You don't belong here."
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:53 pm

He’d feel hot pie bits ‘splode from the microwave, as he’d stand there idly cocking his head “Well of course not – there is no pie left!” He’d explain, clearly unphased by the explosive show of raw emotion “Alright, I’ll leave. The next transdimensional portal that decides to mosey on by and tears space and time a new one. Thank you for the suggestion.” He’d state. He found her curious “I’d be careful – high blood pressure can be a dangerous thing. Can’t it?” He’d ask, as he’d begin to walk toward the kitchen and while it hardly seemed relevant, if she managed to relate Blood pressure with emotion, she’d find that his comment was more insightful than she might have initially thought. Somehow this stranger had figured out her abilities were tied to emotions not that she had held back all too much.

Perhaps he was addled, yes, but he was no less sharp than the edges of his mask. He’d stop right outside the kitchen and turn “I don’t know if my monehz work here, but I’ma gonna try to buy a piece of pie to replace whoevers’ pie that was.” He’d state. Perhaps he wasn’t a morally conflicted lunatic after all – but then again, what did that make Phantasmagoria?

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:00 pm

From Another Place [*FLAILS*] Vglenp

"Wait," Raven said, before she could stop herself, cautiously maintaining some distance between them. "A transdimensional portal? Then where... or when... did you come from?" Though she was still quite wary of the unusual masked stranger, she couldn't help but be a bit curious about him. After all, when one lived on Earth, it wasn't exactly every day that an extradimensional being happened across another.
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:07 pm

“Where?” He’d ask, turning to look back at her “A Place much like this place, and much more unlike it.” He’d explain cryptically “When? Hard to say.” He’d answer her again. Well since she wasn’t blowing things up he could only assume he caught her interest if only slightly. He’d turn to face her again “I’m not even sure how I got here, to be honest. I certainly am not from the past but I cannot recollect if I am from the future. Somehow I believe normally our paths would have never met otherwise.” He’d explain again, clearly showing that his strange behavior was more of a preference than a need.

“So…who are you…?” He’d ask, his body was near motionless as he waited an answer, though if told to leave he certainly would.

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:15 pm

"Raven," she replied simply. She thought that, in a weird sort of way, she sort of understood him. Had Beast Boy not constantly complained that Raven herself was too cryptic? In any case, she was certainly not going to reveal all to this man, though she felt it was appropriate to answer him now that he was acting somewhat normally. "I only asked because I, too, came here from another dimension. Though it was by choice. I assume, as you've said you don't know how you got here, that you did not intend to do so?" Raven attempted, through this question, to subtly infer that he still had not told her who he was.
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:23 pm

So she was named after an animal? He’d tilt his head obviously finding a familiarity in the word “Befitting.” He’d reply with a simply word, even though his presence here was far from his choice he did not appear to be too distraught over it. He’d stare at her as she shared this information “I suppose you could say that.” He’d answer, “Though I don’t know If I’m completely opposed to staying either…” He’d vaguly explain, as he looked around the hallways.It was also a surprise that the armed intruder repulsion system hadn’t already tried to shoe the strange man out.

“So…Raven. Why did you choose to be here?” He’d ask, he wondered her reasons for staying in this place, and wondered if perhaps staying here himself wouldn’t be so bad.

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:38 pm

"I have friends here," Raven answered, feeling her anger ebb away to be replaced by her constant desire to learn. "Though, as you can see, they are not here." She wondered remotely why she had admitted to a masked stranger who fell out of a portal that they were, indeed, alone. Regardless, intrigued, she pressed on. "Perhaps I can help you get home. I'm sure I've got some spellbook somewhere that would help." She gestured back in the direction they had come from.

Frustrated as she was that, as yet, she did not know the man's name, Raven had learned long ago how to gracefully let go of a losing battle, and did not press the matter. Curiosity as to his meaning had flickered when he had deemed her name "befitting", but there were more pressing issues at hand; there was still every chance in the world that this person was dangerous.
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:47 pm

He’d nod, her anger, her frustration, diminished. Seemingly it was paved over with curiousity, he would find her answer satisfactory as he’d reply “Very well…though take your time, I’d not want to part from such a curious one such as yourself.” He’d muse softly, as he walked with her down the hallway. Mildly he could tell she wanted to know one other thing, and it was obvious wasn’t it? He’d been pretty rude.

“Most call me Phantasmagoria, by the way.” He’d offer, hoping it was not too late “And for you I think – I’ll try acting more appropriate.”

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:00 pm

"How unique," Raven said, almost to herself, mentally reassessing her vision of his character. "I have never heard a name quite like that before." She watched him carefully as they walked, her cloak billowing about her feet. "What does your mask cover, then, your secret identity?" she continued with a smirk, thinking of Robin, and wondering vaguely how he would respond to the morally ambiguous peculiarity that was Phantasmagoria.
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:54 pm

“Secret? This IS my identity, also it was originally the source of…my sorcery.” He’d explain to her again, though he did feel inclined to agree with her “Yes, I’d hope my name was unique enough. Picked it out myself and I don’t think anyone else want to even bother trying to take it.” He’d chuckle softly, though it was mostly muffled as he’d watch her cloak tumble about around her figure “So am I invited in this time?” He’d ask, as he looked around at the finely made metal walls.

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:01 pm

"There aren't many people who get to choose their own names..." Raven said, thoughtfully. "And yes, I suppose you might as well. Just don't touch anything unless I tell you to," she warned him, leading him through her door as it slid open. There was nothing different about the room to suggest that a strange man with a strange name and a strange mask from another dimension had recently come toppling into it through a random transdimensional portal. She sighed as she gazed upon her rather extensive collection of books. For the first time she could remember, Raven wished she didn't have so many of them; it would take forever to search through them all.

Raising a hand, a thick stack of books floated down from the shelf and into her arms, and she curled up with them on the floor, her back against the bed. "Help yourself to a book," she suggested to her unlikely companion. "There must be something in there somewhere we can use."
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:16 pm

“Well yes…it’s not like it’s my real name…but I can’t remember my real name anymore so go figure.” He’d offer, stepping in, he’d nod “Right, right…these books are sometimes incalculably powerful…as they say ‘Knowledge is Power…G.I – Wait, nevermind.” He’d scratch his head, a bit confused from where all that just had come from. He’d shake his head as he’d look over the books and such. He wasn’t sure where to start she he just went ahead and wrapped his fingers around the spine of a book on her shelf “Well no better place to start.” He’d mutter to himself.

Sliding it carefully off the shelf, he’d turn back to her “Nice collection you’ve got here. I collect dice, pins, and lamps at home but I think your collection trumps mine.”

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Raven looked up after a couple moments. "What? Oh... thank you." She had already become absorbed by the book on her lap, nearly oblivious to the world around her. She had barely registered what Phantasmagoria had said. She tossed aside Terrible Transformations, knowing it would be of no help, and hauled a particularly thick volume onto her lap. The text on the cover was written in a spidery-looking foreign language, and the pages were yellowed with age. After a short, but thorough perusal of the table of contents, Raven determined that this book, too, would be of no use, and stacked it on top of the first book.

"Are you sure you don't know anything about how you got here?" Raven asked, glancing up at Phantasmagoria.
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:21 pm

He himself started digging into some book called the ‘Urrhraxial Ynarial’, flipping pages, he found himself making less and less sense of the words until he opened to a page where some tentacle faced thing wrapped around his head and began trying to drag him into the book. He was struggling, and thankfull his mask spared him the no doubt horrifically unpleasant feel “Mff, No…I don’t know…too much.” He’d struggle with befire he’d decide to use his magic to shoot Purple at the creature and shut the book, panting softly.

“Who knows, perhaps my world no longer exists…” He’d offer, “after all – who knows how much time passes between such a portal anyhow…” he’d shrug, “Anyways I think I was…meditating when something went horribly wrong…”

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:32 pm

"How peculiar..." Raven said, trailing off as she idly turned the pages of the book on her lap. She glanced up after another moment. "You aren't even trying! You've only gotten through one book?" She gestured at the steadily growing pile of books at her side. "Honestly, don't you read?"

The next book she picked up started shrieking at her the moment she opened the cover. "Oh, quiet," she muttered to it, to no effect. After several seconds of this, she decided to add a new pile; books that they would only try if they had no help from anything else. To this new pile, she added the screaming book. "I don't suppose you have a nickname, do you?" She asked, floating a few more books down from a high shelf. " 'Phantasmagoria' doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. it's a little... messy."
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:37 pm

He’d sigh as he was scolded for almost being eaten or perhaps exposed to a more ghastly fate “Yes…I have difficulty reading when my face is being violated…” He’d mutter as he’d walk over to the bed and add that very book. He’d the turn, beginning to look over the rows of books before pulling another off the shelf “By the way…are there any books at all that you’d rather I didn’t check…hmm interesting, theres mention of a person that goes by your name.” He’d muse as he’d read onward “Hmm? Oh, you could call my Phanasm if you’d prefer. Or as others have called me – Phan. Yes, it’s a weird name.” He’d mutter.

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *FLAILS* Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Raven felt a slight tinge come to her cheeks as Phan mentioned the book with her in it. "Oh, that's nothing, don't worry about it," she muttered. "And I didn't mean to say that your name is weird," she continued, a bit concerned that she may have offended him. "I just meant that it's a bit hard to pronounce. It's not weird by any means." She held up the book on her lap. "I mean, look at this author. His name isn't even a word. It's just a little cube shape."
*FLAILS*
*FLAILS*

Back to top Go down

Post  Shovelman Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:55 pm

He shook his head, the sway of his own face and neck followed by the strange shape of the mask “Don’t worry – I actually kinda like having a weird name. Makes me feel…different. Sides, only thing that can really explain the eccentric side of myself.” He’d offer some bit of humor, though it was also true. He may have been another person from another dimension but that hardly ment he was an alien or monster.

“So…with all these books I can’t help but wonder. Do you spend most of your days here?” He’d ask, and for her luck he’d toss the book about the similar named girl aside and pulled out another.

Shovelman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum